Wednesday 14 November 2007

Bicycle abuse.

Digg this

I'm getting pretty much entirely over-run by stress concerning the baby now. Quite aside from scar management, they think that the burn on her joint may affect mobility if it isn't operated on, but we find out on Monday.

They'll operate on Tuesday if they can, they're worried about TSS because of the size and depth of the burns, but I can't help been terribly afraid of the outcome when one mixes general anaesthetic and 5 month old babies.

I walked Jim and the younger two up towards the surgery at lunch time and popped into the bike shop to explain that I have now received a cheque for £135 less than the invoice from the van who ran me over. They asked if I wanted my frame to spray and said that they could strip her down in 10 minutes.

No, having stripped a bike I know that 10 minutes is too short a time and was most amused. Ben took 9 minutes, but used unusual methods:


NOoooooOooOoo0000!


And the 9 minutes included everything, from wheels to lugs


Clearly this is not the normal approach taken at Sidwell Cycles

And now I am back in the office and weigh 195.8lbs.

=================
I am having a poo
=================

I weigh 191.4lbs and I have parked up my 'bike' ready to take her home for a Brooklands Green paint job.


Traditional Liverpudlian cycle storage scene.

No comments: