Friday 2 November 2007

If it doesn't leak, how do you know there is water in it?

Digg this

I am of a mind to plumb in my radiator today. Something I have always been extraordinarily bad at is attaching things directly to walls. How is one to know where the batons are behind plasterboard where the house is refurbished and how on earth can one get a screw to hold in the inch and a half of horse-hair plaster which covers the walls where it is not?

Since I know it is only half inch baton on the wall in question, I drill through the plasterboard and then into the wall behind the cavity, pushing a solid wall Rawl plug through with a thin screw an a hammer and fixing it behind, in the style of a home made frame fixing (I used some heavy duty frame fixings to attach the joists to the floor and they are splendid).



Once I've got the radiator hung on the wall (and it's pretty much perfect - level as can be and lined up with my plumbing precisely - I am not really this good, it's just chance) I simply screw it all together and then turn on the central heating.

Plumbing is easy.

I weigh 196.5lbs - a little tubby really.

==================
I am having a poo
==================

I weigh 190.3lbs, that was huge, but stil .3lbs too small.

Also the radiator is leaking, so I, being Manley, turn it off, isolate it from the ring (it is on a spur, so the ring is still intact, although it would still work even if it wasn't) and leave it for another day.

It is Campanology Thursday, after all.

-------------------------

If anyone is interested, our plain hunt doubles was quite good, until we started swapping bells over beforehand.

No comments: